Our current major project and focus, The MISER Hydraulic Hybrid Transmission System, keeps us involved at the forefront of today’s automotive hybrid technology, and that’s where we like to be. Our first product onto the market is MISER-HKS, a retrofit hydraulic energy recovery and deployment system, specifically for use in heavy duty vehicles.
The MISER technology is a revolutionary new approach to kinetic energy recovery, engine optimization, energy storage and the reapplication thereof for any form of vehicle. The system complements various other technologies with its aim to dramatically improving fuel consumption, vehicle performance and total cost of ownership – while simultaneously reducing the emission of environmentally harmful gasses.
Fundamentally, the MISER technology enables more efficient energy recovery and engine optimisation than any competing technology. MISER achieves this with a patented hydraulic solution and proprietary transmission, using a combination of braking-energy recovery, engine optimization and various modes (such as torque summing, regenerative braking and launch assist). This provides an efficient mechanism for the fast storage and release of energy, while at the same time optimising engine performance by keeping the engine operating on the ideal Brake Specific Fuel Consumption line.
Some information to consider:
- The MISER technology has been well proven, with results from successful tests with a development vehicle.
- Pilot projects have been completed.
- Independent 3rd party verifications have been completed.
- The technology is patented worldwide.
- Collaboration is continuing with several government and private agencies in more than one market sector. We also work closely with a leading university in South Africa as part of our collaborative activities.
- MISER ﬁts into the technology of the future, with developed economies already having put regulations and targets in place for recoverable/green energy.
- Our recently opened office and pilot project in the United Kingdom is testament to growing acceptance of our technology on the international market.
Our MD, Andre Reyneke, likes to take a line from one of our children’s favourites, Mr Walt Disney: “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them”. We believe that it has relevance to our company and its people’s attitude towards product development and future technological challenges.